Fall is here! The season of changing leaves, cooler temperatures, and fun fall holidays – like Halloween and Thanksgiving – are coming up soon. Here are 6 ways to enjoy all those fall activities without breaking the bank!
- Shop sales! Now that Labor Day and Back to School sales are over, it may seem like there are no deals to be had. You may have to dig a little harder, but this is a great season to buy summer clothes, to thrift, and to start shopping your own closet for fall clothes to wear on all your fun fall activities!
- Take advantage of local parks and festivals. Fall is a great time to explore the outdoor spaces in your city without melting!
- Volunteer! Fall is a great time to volunteer – many organizations have events and need volunteers, plus there are always leaves to be raked and food to be made around the holidays.
- Take part in a fun “National Day,” like National Candy Corn Day on October 30th. Check out www.nationaldaycalendar.com to see what days are coming up!
- Try some new fall recipes. Apples are especially plentiful this season, so why not try a new apple pie recipe, or even a savory apple recipe? Plus, if you want to pick your own apples, there are affordable orchards to go apple picking in in almost every city – fun and very fall!
- Have a game night! When it starts to get cooler outside, move the fun inside for a fun game night with friends or family. Board games are easy, affordable, and great for any group. Or, if you don’t feel like staying in, join us October 24th for Life Size Candyland at our office!